Tuesday 29 July 2014

by Delilah Downs


Stormy Prayers

Haw Creek Church

Description:

Haw Creek Church, moved to Round Top, Texas from the banks of Haw Creek, where it was built in the 1870s by German immigrants. Today it serves mostly as a wedding venue; due to lack of inside space, some of the ceremonies take place beneath the giant oaks behind the church. The sky was fantastic the morning this was shot--one of those "teaser" cloudy skies we get so often in Texas, where you'd swear it was about to rain buckets but instead you get nothing but sizzling heat and sunshine. 

The Fine Art America logo will not appear on your finished product. 

Please Click On The Picture Link Below For More Information:

To See Delilah's Work In The Main Christian Blog Please Click  <> HERE <>








About Delilah:

I grew up on the high plains of Texas, daughter of a cotton farmer and rancher. Spending my childhood on the flat, arid plains taught me to see beauty where some might miss it. I now live in the steamy subtropics between Houston and Austin, and beauty and interesting subjects are always available. There are less than a handful of gray days per year here, so pretty much every day is a shooting day.

If I had to distill my photography subject style down to one distinct category, it would be Vintage Small Town and Rural Americana, with some western and cowboy images thrown in, but I don't limit my style to only those groups.

I live in a community that is often described by visitors as a place where Norman Rockwell meets Andy Griffith, so my subjects are always near to hand. I love sharing my tiny town and surrounding area with others.


Round Top, TX - United States

1 comment:

  1. Just beautiful images - love these. I believe I've passed this church at one time or another driving through Texas.

    ReplyDelete